PICTURES: 12 festive photos of our Inverness readers Christmas trees
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
We received dozens of incredible photos from our readers, raging from spectacular bauble displays, glistening lights, political trees, and pets who were the best dressed underneath the mistletoe.
After an incredibly difficult selection process, here are 12 photos we have selected of our readers who went above and beyond this Christmas.
1. Emma Scott and her skinnier Christmas tree, perfect for present piling.
2. Gareth Nicholl shared his festive canine, Harris, beneath the glow of the Christmas tree lights.
3. Connor Williams and his political tree, starring Nicola Sturgeon as its star.
4. Morven Buchanan Wallace shared her tree at work as The Gallery Hair and Beauty Salon has curated a masterpiece that is a sculpture of a woman wearing a glamorous frock of baubles.
5. Elaine McMinn and her authentic Christmas tree, featuring one festive pooch.
6. Ivana Sumner shared her mammoth, breathtaking tree.
7. Linsey Macrae shared her multi-coloured tree alongside her adorable bunny taking centre stage.
8. Natalie Marshall shared her 'white Christmas' themed tree, glistening with giant silver flowers.
9. Michael Mackenzie took a more inventive route this year as he chose a rather small tree.
10. Sandie Hawkes created a stunning tree with glistening lights and pink ribbon twirls.
11. Becky Mhairi with her beautiful pup by the Christmas tree.
12. Nicky Mackay Barclay has created a Christmas grotto surrounding her colourful tree, featuring the big man himself.