Home   Sport   Article

What did Duncan Ferguson say after Inverness Caley Thistle drew at Montrose?

By Will Clark

Register for free to read more of the latest local news. It's easy and will only take a moment.

Click here to sign up to our free newsletters!
Duncan Ferguson.
Duncan Ferguson.

MANAGER Duncan Ferguson says he is happy Inverness Caledonian Thistle managed to get out of Montrose with a draw after their Championship Semi Final first leg ended 0-0.

Inverness had to stand up to a number of attacks from Montrose at Links Park on Tuesday night to ensure the game finished goalless.

The two teams will meet again in the second leg at the Caledonian Stadium on Saturday and Ferguson says he is happy they are not going into the match behind.

He said: “I would have taken a draw before and as the match went on I would have taken a draw, so I am happy to get out of here with a clean sheet and a draw.”

Looking over the 90 minutes, Ferguson said: “It was a tough match, Montrose were excellent and put us under a lot of pressure with their long throws, and corner kicks.

“We struggled in the first 20 minutes and couldn’t get a passing game.

“We only had speculative shots. But Montrose were good, in the second half we were better, but they put us under pressure. We defended well but we weren’t good and Montrose were the better team.

“It is not easy to win a game of football at any level, Montrose were excellent.

“It was a tough night for us, but we got a clean sheet and we will take them back to our place on a grass pitch.

“On another night we could have lost that game, but defensively we were very good.

“We wanted to go back to our place with a win. We are on our pitch and more comfortable on that and look to put in a better performance.”

Do you want to respond to this article? If so, click here to submit your thoughts and they may be published in print.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More