Low interest shown in vacant office space at Inverness Town House after departure of Highland Council
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
Interest from would-be tenants of empty office space at Inverness Town House has been "relatively small", according to Highland Council.
Just five interested parties have asked to view the spaces since council staff left the building in March to move to the local authority's headquarters to save £370,000 a year.
It followed a £7.4 million refurbishment of the historic building.
Following the move, six offices of various sizes were marketed as being available for let from April onwards.
But just five interested parties requested to view the spaces, according to a report to be presented to the Inverness Area Committee next Monday.
It attributes the low interest to current low market take-up in the city.
"It is anticipated the demand for office space in the area will remain low for the foreseeable future," the report states.
"However, the Common Good and the estates team are due to ramp up the marketing of the spaces and seek to gauge what exactly tenants are looking for in this current climate to be able to meet these expectations."
Three parties currently occupy the building including the council’s service point on the ground floor while Police Scotland occupies a fraction of the first floor.
Built in 1882, the building hosted the Inverness area committee meetings.
But despite the recent extensive renovation back to its former glory, the gatherings were moved to the council headquarters in Glenurquhart Road while 100 members of staff also vacated the building.
Although it represented a saving for the council, it meant lost revenue for the Inverness Common Good Fund.