Home   News   Article

Inverness man jailed after failing to comply with drug treatment order

By Ali Morrison

Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.

Click here to sign up to our free newsletters!
The case was heard at Inverness Sheriff Court.
The case was heard at Inverness Sheriff Court.

A third man involved in selling drugs from an Inverness house has been jailed for 14 months after he failed to comply with an 18 month drug treatment order.

Jordan Macdonald (26) of Oldtown Road, Inverness, had been given the 18-month treatment plan as an alternative to custody after he had admitted being concerned in the supply of cocaine and heroin.

His two co-accused in the drug selling case had previously been dealt with, but after social workers revoked his order Macdonald returned to be sentenced again.

His solicitor, Duncan Henderson, told Sheriff Gary Aitken: "He still had a chaotic lifestyle and that was why the order was revoked. The court's options are limited."

An earlier court heard that Macdonald's co-accused, Liam Southart, was caught by police trying to sell hundreds of pounds worth of crack cocaine and heroin in May 2021.

However, Southart of Meadow Row, Runcorn, in Castlefields just further increased his drugs debt because of his arrest.

He was caught again after intelligence received by police led to a raid on two Inverness houses on December 9, 2021.

The court heard that the first to be raided was in Evan Barron Road – the property occupied by 40 year old Lee Clarke.

Fiscal depute Robert Weir told Sheriff Aitken that entry was forced and two other men, including Clarke were inside.

Officers found £490 and wraps of drugs in the possession of Southart as well as a mobile phone which had text messages relating to the supply of drugs.

Then the Oldtown Road home of Macdonald was searched and scales and bags of drugs were found, Mr Weir said.

He added that in total, street values of £560 worth of cocaine and £1220 worth of heroin were recovered.

Southart admitted being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine and heroin.

Sheriff Aitken jailed him for a total of 36 months.

Clarke, who pleaded guilty to allowing his house to be used to sell drugs, was told to complete 150 hours of unpaid community work and remain under two years of social work supervision.

View our fact sheet on court reporting here

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More