Highland Heroes from Inverness, Ross-shire, Caithness and Skye are crowned at event in the Kingsmills Hotel
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
HUNDREDS of people celebrated the region's unsung heroes at an awards event in Inverness this evening.
Around 250 people were at the Kingsmills Hotel for the annual Highland Heroes event.
It was the first time the event had been staged since before the pandemic and 14 titles were handed out.
The audience could be forgiven for getting emotional as tales of the selfless individuals from across the area were shared.
The winners were:
- Brave child of the year: Lexie Forsyth (Caithness)
- Primary pupil of the year: Sophie Stewart (Ross-shire)
- Secondary pupil of the year: Owen MacKenzie (Skye)
- School of the year: South Lodge Primary (Ross-shire)
- Community champion of the year: Johanna Geddes (Caithness)
- Carer of the year: Wendy Morgan (Inverness)
- Primary teacher of the year: Mhairi Cameron (Inverness)
- Secondary teacher of the year: Molly Alexander (Ross-shire)
- Emergency services hero of the year: PICT (Prehospital Immediate Care and Trauma Team) (Inverness)
- Healthcare hero of the year: Dr Ross Jaffrey (Beauly)
- Volunteer of the year: Kirsteen Campbell (Caithness)
- Fundraiser of the year: Heather Rosie (Caithness)
- Charitable organisation: Mikeysline (Inverness)
- Hero of heroes: Johanna Geddes (Caithness)
Visit HNM's websites and see next week's newspapers for reaction and photos.