Highland Council is capping or limiting the school roll in Millburn Academy in Inverness for the 2022-23 academic session
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
Highland Council is ‘capping’ or limiting the school roll in Millburn Academy for the 2022-23 academic session.
The capping takes account of applications that have been received so far and the known demands within the catchment area of the school.
The authority will do its best to accommodate all pupils in their preferred choice of school, subject to the following criteria:
• Pupils living within the Highland area;
• Pupils living within the geographical catchment of the school concerned;
• Certified medical reasons or additional support needs which could best be served in that school;
• Siblings of pupils currently in attendance at the school;
• Religious belief (denominational schools only);
• Educational courses not available at local school;
• Pupils living within the catchment area of a Secondary School which is not the subject of the placing request where the intake is capped;
• Proximity of home to school;
• Road safety/ease of travel.