Home   News   Article

Music events in Inverness might still go ahead


By Margaret Chrystall

Contribute to support quality local journalism



QUESTION marks continues to hang over some of the biggest music events planned for the summer.

The expanded Gathering, due to run across Inverness city centre between May 28 and 31, was cancelled last month – after High Life Highland stopped the use of its green spaces until the end of June.

But though the Gathering is gone, Dougie Brown, event manager for Belladrum, confirmed that plans for The Stereophonics at the Bught Park on July 11 and Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival from July 30-August 1 are both "proceeding at the moment".

He said: “We will hopefully be able to deliver those this summer, but the reality is that everything is proceeding on a daily, if not weekly or hourly basis at the moment.

“All we can do, like every event organiser up and down the country, is keep an eye on developments as we are given more information by the UK and Scottish governments.

“But at the moment we are proceeding as if Belladrum and the Stereophonics will be taking place.”

LCC Live – which has McFly coming up at Bught Park on July 5 had already put out a statement cancelling “all our shows across the UK, up until the end of June".

A spokesman said it is monitoring the situation closely and will advise in due course regarding shows scheduled from July onward.

The two dates at the Caledonian Stadium with Sir Tom Jones on June 27 and Westlife on June 28, are being promoted by DF Concerts. Nobody at the firm was available to comment.

Click for more news


This website is powered by the generosity of readers like you.
Please donate what you can afford to help us keep our communities informed.

BECOME A SUPPORTER

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More