By-election: Where to vote in Highland Council's Inverness Central ward
Contribute to support quality local journalism
Voting for the Inverness Central Ward by-election gets under way with polling stations opening from 7am-10pm.
Anyone who has applied for a postal vote and has not posted it can submit their ballot paper at a polling station during the vote on November 14.
The polling stations are located at:
- Merkinch Community Centre
- Trinity Church Hall
- James Cameron Community Centre
- The Spectrum Centre
- Haugh Court Hall
- St Stephen’s Church Hall
- Hilton Primary School
The count will take place on November 15.
There are six candidates standing:
- Russell Deacon – Scottish Green Party
- Mary Dormer – Scottish liberal Democrats
- Ardalan Eghtedar – Scottish Labour Party
- Rachael Hatfield – Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Richie Paxton – Independent
- Emma Roddick – Scottish National Party (SNP)
Voters are reminded that the single transferable vote system will be used. Instead of using a cross, voters should number the candidates in the order of their choice, putting a number one in the box next to the name of the candidate who is their first choice, two in the box next to their second choice and so on. Voters can mark as many choices as they wish.
This website is powered by the generosity of readers like you. BECOME A SUPPORTER
Please donate what you can afford to help us keep our communities informed.
In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.