Home   News   Article

Inverness motorist banned and fined for dangerous overtake


By Court Reporter

Contribute to support quality local journalism



A VEHICLE parts manager who carried out a hazardous overtaking manoeuvre has been fined £750.

Twenty-eight-year-old Marc-Andrew Davidson of Smithon Villas, Inverness, was also banned from driving for a year for the offence.

He admitted driving dangerously on the A9 near the Cromarty Bridge on June 29 last year.

Davidson will have to resit and pass an extended driving test before he is able to get behind the wheel again.

Inverness Sheriff Court was told that his black Seat overtook two other cars in the face of oncoming traffic.

Fiscal depute Susan Love told the court that the cars both had to brake and swerve into their respective sides of the carriageway to allow Davidson to safely complete his overtake.

Two vehicles on either side of the road had to take evasive action to avoid a collision.

Davidson's manoeuvre was filmed on a dashcam and he was reported to police.


This website is powered by the generosity of readers like you.
Please donate what you can afford to help us keep our communities informed.

BECOME A SUPPORTER

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More