Home   News   Article

Inverness drink-driver forfeits car


By Ali Morrison

Get a digital copy of the Inverness Courier delivered straight to your inbox every week



Inverness Sheriff Court.
Inverness Sheriff Court.

An Inverness man was banned from driving for three years and ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work after admitting his second drink-driving offence.

Inverness Sheriff Court was told that Damien Kowalski (30), of Milton Crescent, had previously been banned for 16 months for a similar offence committed in Inverness on July 15.

This court appearance related to an offence before that one, with Kowalski breathalysed by police after an accident in Heather Road, Inverness in the early hours of July 2.

His reading was almost five times the legal limit, having 108mcgs of alcohol in his system when only 22mcgs are allowed.

Defence solicitor Marc Dickson said: “He developed an alcohol misuse programme after suffering from work-related stress.

“He has since lost his job. His vehicle – an old Corsa – was forfeited as a result of the other offence.

“He looks a lot better now as he has not consumed any alcohol since.”

Click here for more court news



Having trouble getting out to pick up your weekly newspaper?

Get a digital copy of the Inverness Courier delivered straight to your inbox every week and read the full newspaper on your desktop, phone or laptop.

SUBSCRIBE NOW


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More