Gradual reopening starts tomorrow at Cairngorm Mountain
Get a digital copy of the Inverness Courier delivered straight to your mobile or tablet every week
Cairngorm Mountain will start a gradual reopening of its facilities from tomorrow.
The Cairngorm Cafe, Mountain Garden, retail outlet and toilet facilities will be the first to open. People will also be able to access the mountain range from the car park.
Interim chief executive Susan Smith said they were looking forward to welcoming people back to the attraction following it closing just prior to lockdown in mid March.
She said: "Our absolute priority is to keep visitors and our staff safe.
"That’s why we’re taking great care to put comprehensive social distancing measures in place across the site, following Scottish Government guidelines."
• Information and directional signage, providing clear instructions for visitors on how to safely move around the site.
• Regular cleaning across the site and hand sanitiser provided at the entrance to the Mountain Café and retail outlet.
• Staff and visitors will be asked to wear a face covering when indoors in the café, shop and when using the toilet facilities
• Staff will monitor and manage the number of customers in the café, retail outlet and toilet facilities at any given time and help direct people safely around the site
• The café will provide a takeaway ‘grab and go’ food and beverage service for the time being, which will be evaluated on an ongoing basis
The ski season ended prematurely at Cairngorm Mountain on March 22 despite there still being good snow coverage due to the heightened risk of the coronavirus outbreak.