Recipe of the week: Nadiya Hussain’s harissa bean pizza
“It’s a really good way of jazzing up the humble baked bean,” said Nadiya.
Ingredients (serves 4)
2 large naan breads (or pittas, or leftover bread)
2 x 400g tins of baked beans
4tsp rose harissa
A handful of baby spinach/2 cubes frozen spinach
4 spring onions
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high and have a baking tray at the ready. Place the naan breads on the tray.
2. Open the tins of beans and get rid of any excess sauce off the top, then pour into a saucepan with the harissa and baby spinach, mix through and heat gently over a medium heat.
3. Spoon the beans over the surface of each naan, and use the back of your spoon to create two little dips for the eggs in each one. Don’t be tempted to add too many beans.
If you have any left over, just decant them into an airtight container and leave them in the fridge, ready to microwave for another meal.
4. Crack two eggs into each naan, then chop the spring onions and sprinkle all over the beans and eggs. Don’t worry if the egg runs a little.
5. Put under the grill for five minutes – this will just set the whites and leave the yolk runny, which is the way I like it. My husband cannot bear to eat runny eggs, so I would grill his for a further three minutes or at least until the yolk is no longer runny. Serve and devour straight away.