ANDREW de Moray was a towering figure in Scottish history, so it seems fitting that his memorial should rise high above the surrounding Black Isle landscape.
Published: Sat 16 Sep 2017
The old packhorse bridge at Carrbridge - the oldest stone bridge in Scotland and a "must see" for any tourist venturing near the village - is 300 years old this year.
Published: Sat 29 Jul 2017
Alfred Wainwright is more commonly associated with the Lake District but it is his description of the Dundonnell and Fisherfield forests that has given this area its legendary status in mountaineering - the great wilderness.
Published: Sat 08 Jul 2017
Motivation is the key to getting young children to be enthusiastic about what us grown-ups boringly refer to as "going for a walk". That, and ice cream.
Published: Sat 01 Jul 2017
I HAD often gazed across the Pentland Firth at the low-lying island of Stroma and been met by the blank stare of its windowless, long-abandoned cottages.
- Pet dog savaged in Inverness park
- Highland Council urged to include new sports complex in capital plan
- Council's £5m winter maintenance budget runs out early
- Homeless man was considering suicide
- Guitars will benefit city prisoners
- Flu outbreak leads to cancelled surgery
- Inverness charity cash thief caught on CCTV
- Work to start on dualling key Inverness route
- Military Wives raise their voices to mark the end of First World War
- Movie star tells primary pupils: You're awesome