ULLAPOOL always feels to me like the gateway to another world. The much wilder scenery of Coigach and Assynt lies beyond - wonderful sculpted mountains, lochs and sparse habitation.
Published: Sat 28 Oct 2017
ANDREW de Moray was a towering figure in Scottish history, so it seems fitting that his memorial should rise high above the surrounding Black Isle landscape.
Published: Sat 16 Sep 2017
The old packhorse bridge at Carrbridge - the oldest stone bridge in Scotland and a "must see" for any tourist venturing near the village - is 300 years old this year.
Published: Sat 29 Jul 2017
Alfred Wainwright is more commonly associated with the Lake District but it is his description of the Dundonnell and Fisherfield forests that has given this area its legendary status in mountaineering - the great wilderness.
Published: Sat 08 Jul 2017
Motivation is the key to getting young children to be enthusiastic about what us grown-ups boringly refer to as "going for a walk". That, and ice cream.
- Hotel buys city centre retail and office block
- Mystery surrounds buyer of Inverness wartime bunker
- Scottish Water apologises to Nairn residents who woke up to no hot water this morning
- 'Lives at risk' as drivers flout bridge restrictions
- Council budget 2018-19
- Frail pensioner told she cannot get free lift
- Car crash on the Inverness Retail Park roundabout on the A96
- Bus service facing axe just as couple move to dream home
- Movin' on up north for Bella festival
- City centre initiative hailed as a success