It's always a good start to a run when even the car park boasts its own attractions. If you go through the gate on the opposite side of the road to the start of this route and peek round the trees you can see the island which is home to an osprey nest.
Latest articles - Find out what the Active Outdoors team have been up to recently
Published: Sat 10 Feb 2018
EVERY now and then I like to test myself on difficult terrain where route finding and judgement are a bit more critical.
Published: Sat 03 Feb 2018
When Kristina comes up with a plan, you always know you're going to be in for an epic. So when the phone rang at quarter past seven in the morning, I just knew it was going to be one of those days.
Published: Sat 27 Jan 2018
After days of mist, damp and cold weather the skies finally cleared. OK, it was still only two degrees in the middle of the day, but the sun was out and it was time to get outside to enjoy the bright conditions.
Published: Sat 20 Jan 2018
ULLAPOOL always feels to me like the gateway to another world. The much wilder scenery of Coigach and Assynt lies beyond - wonderful sculpted mountains, lochs and sparse habitation.
Here's our list of outdoors events happening around the Highlands, Islands and Moray in 2018.
Get out and about this spring and summer with our latest Active Outdoors supplement.
Tell us about your adventures and send us your comments, photos, letters and route suggestions.
For details of how to advertise in our 2018 supplements, see the Active Outdoors media pack (opens as pdf document).
- Hotel buys city centre retail and office block
- Mystery surrounds buyer of Inverness wartime bunker
- Scottish Water apologises to Nairn residents who woke up to no hot water this morning
- 'Lives at risk' as drivers flout bridge restrictions
- Council budget 2018-19
- Frail pensioner told she cannot get free lift
- Car crash on the Inverness Retail Park roundabout on the A96
- Bus service facing axe just as couple move to dream home
- Movin' on up north for Bella festival
- City centre initiative hailed as a success